Friday 22 October 2010

My Full Moon Ritual Outline

*Modified from Solitary Witch: The Ultimate Book of Shadows for the New Generation by Silver Ravenwolf

Supplies:
Altar and setup (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, illuminator candles). Candles (or other representations) are positioned at the four quarters.

Instructions:
Cleanse the ritual area by carrying a representation of the four elements around the area in a clockwise direction, working with one element at a time.

Open the altar energies by blessings with the four elements:
By the air of the Earth's winds,
By the fire of the Earth's core,
By the water of the Earth's streams, lakes and oceans,
By the stones of the Earth's ancient crust,
By the sacred names of the Goddess and God, this altar is charged


Light the illuminator candles.

Cast circle using fingertip, visualise yourself within the protective glowing white light of the circle.

Call the quarters and elementals:
 All hail the Watchtowers of the East,
Beautiful Sylphs of the element of Air,
I do summon and call you forth,
To guard and protect this circle.
Light Quarter Candle

All hail the Watchtowers of the South,
Burning Salamanders of the element of Fire,
I do summon and call you forth,
To guard and protect this circle.
Light Quarter Candle 


All hail the Watchtowers of the West,
Amphibious undines of the element of Water,
I do summon and call you forth,
To guard and protect this circle.
Light Quarter Candle 



All hail the Watchtowers of the North,
Nature's gnomes of the element of Earth,
I do summon and call you forth,
To guard and protect this circle.
Light Quarter Candle 

Invocation of Arianrhod:
On this night of the full moon, I call on the Bright Lady to join me in my circle.
I await Her as in times of old and in the ancient way, for now is the time of the Mother, the time of magick and mirth.
Bright Goddess, Arianrhod, Daughter of the Great Ancestress Don, I call on You from the ancient wild places and the sacred springs.
I call on You to descend to me from Your Caer Arianrhod, Your home among the stars. I call on You, Great Goddess of the Silver Wheel, Keeper of the Past.
Join me as I stand in the flood tide of Your power, as I see where all paths lead, which is back to You, Blessed Arianrhod.
Flood the dark hillsides with laughter, awaken me that I may see Your many gifts, bless and protect me.
By the light of the full moon, I call hail to You, Mother, known to some as Blodeweud, Arianrhod and Cerridwen. 
I ask for Your presence and bid You merry meet and blessed be! 

State aloud the intent of the ritual

Perform magickal working

Cakes and Ale

Thank deities, thank Watchtowers, release and extinguish quarter candles

Release the circle

Clean up and take libation bowl outdoors to release back to the Earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment