Sunday 31 October 2010

Honouring the Ancestors - An Ode to my Nan


On this day, I will honour you
Remembering what you used to do
Like tell the tales of days gone by
And watch the twinkle in your eye
As you spoke of all the boys you'd kissed
And on each star you'd made a wish
When I look up to the sky tonight,
I'll see your star burning bright,
I'll know you're safe and at His right hand,
Cause you've journeyed to the Summerland.

I miss you still, every day
It's silly but I miss the way
You used to make us giggle and laugh
Just because you were acting daft
And how you'd spot crumbs on the floor
But could never find the lock to the door!

You guided me and gave me advice,
You showed me how to enjoy my life,
We had a friendship that was deep and true
And now that's gone, I will always miss you
But I know that as Old Vera said,
We'll meet again, but just not yet
And until that time is again here
I'll honour you, every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment