Wednesday 3 November 2010

Starting from the Beginning

As you know if you follow this blog, I haven't been practising my spirituality for quite some time. In fact, if I think about it, it's probably been six months or more since I actively practised on a regular basis. I can't help but think that I did rush into things a little bit right at the beginning - threw myself right in there - and maybe that's why I crashed and burned? Has anyone else had this experience?

Anyway, the point is, I'm starting afresh. I'm actually going to work through my books, rather than just having them on the shelf - I'm going to start at the beginning and really learn about my faith. I fell off the 'reading for pleasure' bandwagon around the same time, so I thought I could quite happily incorporate the two. Plus, since I'm going to be in Spain, living in a tent, for seven weeks from the end of November, I thought learning about how to incorporate my practise into my daily life even when I'm not at home, is important.

I don't think I'm going to be able to take candles etc with me, so I might have to just locate some items whilst I'm away. Or, maybe I'll just work with Mother Nature and see what She provides for me. We will see.

So this is me, making a pledge, to start at the beginning and really start making babysteps. A promise to get outside more - even when the weather is doing nasty things - and experience the natural world around me.

Bright blessings to you all
xxx

Mother Nature in the New Millennium by Jim Warren

2 comments:

  1. I am at the same point in my practice. I need to balance my spiritual life and Regular life better. I think I am going to pay my old books a visit as well. Thanks for posting this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do the same tons of books not alot of use after awhile started my BOS but that got gradually put to the side in lew of other things

    ReplyDelete