Sunday 7 November 2010

Tarot Reading - The Planetary Spread

Tonight, I was looking through my tarot cards, just reminding myself of how they felt and Philip approached me and asked me to do a reading for him. He looked through Solitary Witch by Silver Ravenwolf and requested I do the planetary spread. I was touched that he was interested, as he usually scoffs at this sort of thing, so after confessing I'd never done that spread before, we set to work.

After shuffling the cards, you deal out 7 cards in a fan shape, then one below the fan (card 8) and one above the fan (card 9). These first cards represent your past/present and the different positions represent the different planets: sun, moon, mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, card 8 reflects what you want to be doing next in relation to all the other cards and card 9 gives a prediction for your future spiritual life over the next six months.

Philip's reading was interesting as it was all about his relationships. His cards were predominantly either relationsnip / emotion-related, or associated with education. As most of you know, he and I are going through a difficult time right now and he's just submitted his PhD thesis... so this was rather telling. I think he's now interested in doing readings more often, which will, of course, help me to learn!

Inspired by Philip's reading, I decided to try one for myself. Again, I was surprised and pleased with the results. My cards seemed to be indicating a new business venture, healing from a long period of illness and sadness and future prosperity, stability, abundance and celebration :D. So this has put me in a great frame of mind before bed this evening. I'm full of ambition and hope for the future, for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment